Last revised on August 3rd, 2016
Information we collect about you
In General. We may collect information that can identify you such as your name and email address ("personal information") and other information that does not identify you. We may collect this information through a website or a mobile application. By using the Service, you are authorizing us to gather, parse and retain data related to the provision of the Service. When you provide personal information through our Service, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
· Information you provide. In order to register as a user with Anaface, you may be asked to sign in using your Facebook login. If you do so, you authorize us to access certain Facebook account information, such as your public Facebook profile (consistent with your privacy settings in Facebook), your email address, interests, likes, gender, birthday, education history, relationship interests, current city, photos, personal description, friend list, and information about and photos of your Facebook friends who might be common Facebook friends with other Anaface users. You will also be asked to allow Anaface to collect your location information from your device when you download or use the Service. In addition, we may collect and store any personal information you provide while using our Service or in some other manner. This may include identifying information, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information. You may also provide us photos, a personal description and information about your gender and preferences for recommendations, such as search distance, age range, race, and gender. If you chat with other Anaface users, you provide us the content of your chats, and if you contact us with a customer service or other inquiry, you provide us with the content of that communication.
· Information from other sources. Anaface is part of The Virtual Empire family of businesses. We may obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from other Virtual Empire businesses, business partners and other third parties.
· Use of technologies to collect information. We use various technologies to collect information from your device and about your activities on our Service.
· Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser or device when you visit our Service. This information could include your IP address, device ID and type, your browser type and language, the operating system used by your device, access times, your mobile device’s geographic location while our application is actively running, and the referring website address. In the case of mobile devices we use your primary email address for account identification and automated logins.
· Cookies and Use of Cookie Data. When you visit our Service, we may assign your device one or more cookies to facilitate access to our Service and to personalize your experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your activity on our Service, such as the pages you visit, the time and date of your visits and the links you click. If we advertise, we (or third parties) may use certain data collected on our Service to show you Anaface advertisements on other sites or applications.
· Pixel tags. We embed pixel tags (also called web beacons or clear GIFs) on web pages, ads, and emails. These tiny, invisible graphics are used to access cookies and track user activities (such as how many times a page is viewed). We use pixel tags to measure the popularity of our features and services. Ad companies also use pixel tags to measure the number of ads displayed and their performance (such as how many people clicked on an ad).
· Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services. For example, behavior on how often you analyze photos or comment on other photos.
· Content Information. We collect information about the content you provide, such as if the recipient has viewed the content, replayed the content, and the metadata that is provided with the content.
· Device Information. We collect device-specific information, such as the hardware model, operating system version, advertising identifier, unique application identifiers, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information (including the mobile phone number).
· Device Phonebook. Because Anaface involves sharing and comparing with friends we may collect information from your device’s phonebook.
· Camera and Photos. Many of our services require us to collect images and other information from your device’s camera and photos. We’ll access your camera and photos only after you give us your consent.
· Location Information. When you use our services we may collect information about your location. With your consent, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
· Log Information. We also collect log information when you use our website or mobile apps. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used our services, device information, such as your web browser type and language, access times, pages viewed, IP address, identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser, pages you visited before or after navigating to our website.
· Information collected by third-parties for advertising purposes. We may allow service providers, advertising companies and ad networks, and other third parties to display advertisements on our Service. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies or web beacons, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. We do not provide any non-anonymized personal information to third parties. Some of these third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies (www.networkadvertising.org). Opting out will not decrease the number of advertisements you see.
How we use the information we collect
In General. We may use information that we collect about you to:
· deliver and improve our products and services, and manage our business;
· manage your account and provide you with customer support;
· perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our or others’ products, services, or content;
· communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
· develop, display, and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Service and other sites, including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other sites;
· website or mobile application analytics;
· verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
· perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
· help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
· remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
· provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
· provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
· develop and test new products and features
· monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
· diagnose or fix technology problems
· automatically update the Anaface application on your device
Job applicants. If your personal information is submitted through our website when applying for a position with our company, the information will be used solely in connection with considering and acting upon your application. We may retain your personal information, but only for the purpose of considering your application for current or future available positions. This information, which may include your name and contact information, prior education and experience, and other information you provide to us, may be shared with third-party service providers retained by us to collect, maintain and analyze candidate submissions for job postings.
In all circumstances, we may perform these functions directly or use a third party vendor to perform these functions on our behalf who will be obligated to use your personal information only to perform services for us. Also, if you access our Service from a third party social platform, such as Facebook, we may share non-personal information with that platform to the extent permitted by your agreement with it and its privacy settings.
Finding your friends on Anaface
· If you choose, you can use our "Find friends" feature to locate other people with Anaface accounts either through (i) your contacts list, (ii) third-party social media sites or (iii) through a search of names and usernames on Anaface.
· If you choose to find your friends through (i) your device's contacts list, then Anaface will access your contacts list to determine whether or not someone associated with your contact is using Anaface.
· If you choose to find your friends (iii) through a search of names or usernames on Anaface then simply type a name to search and we will perform a search on our Service.
· Note about "Invite Friends" feature: If you choose to invite someone to the Service through our "Invite friends" feature, you may select a person directly from the contacts list on your device and send a text or email from your personal account. You understand and agree that you are responsible for any charges that apply to communications sent from your device, and because this invitation is coming directly from your personal account, Anaface does not have access to or control this communication.
With whom we share your information
Information Shared with Other Users. When you register as a user of Anaface, your Anaface profile will be viewable by other users of the Service. Other users (and in the case of any sharing features available on Anaface, the individuals or apps with whom an Anaface user may choose to share you with) will be able to view information you have provided to us directly or through Facebook, such as your Facebook photos, any additional photos you upload, your first name, your age, approximate number of miles away, your personal description, and information you have in common with the person viewing your profile, such as common Facebook friends and likes. If you engage in direct conversation with another user whether public or private chat, then of course your correspondent will see the content of your chat.
· Service providers: We may share information, including personal and financial information, with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, ad tracking and analytics, member screenings, supporting our Service functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our Service. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
· Other Virtual Empire businesses: We may share information we collect, including your profile and personal information such as your name and contact information, photos, interests, activities and transactions on our Service with our other group companies.
· Other Situations. We may disclose your information, including personal information:
o In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
o In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and/or non-personal information. We may use and share non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with other Virtual Empire companies and third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our Service and on websites or applications of third parties, and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated, non-personal information, or personal information in hashed, non-human readable form, with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis or other business purposes. For example, we may engage a data provider who may collect web log data from you (including IP address and information about your browser or operating system), or place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content. The cookies may reﬂect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us (such as your email address), that we may share with a data provider solely in hashed, non-human readable form. To opt-out of cookies that may be set by third party data or advertising partners, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content
Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public and all content is set to public by default. In the future we may add additional privacy settings in which case you will be able to define whether particular content is public or private. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
Subject to your profile and privacy settings, any User Content that you make public is searchable by other Users and subject to use under our Anaface API.
If you later remove or make private any information and content that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users or third parties using the Anaface API have copied or saved that information.
We may also share the following information with other Anaface users (“Anafacers”):
· information about you, such as your username and name;
· information about how you have interacted with the services, such as your Anaface “scores,” the names Anafacers you are friends with, and other information that will help Anafacers understand your connections with others using the services. For example, because it may not be clear whether a new friend request comes from someone you actually know, we may share whether you and the requestor have Anaface friends in common;
· gender, age, race, relationship status, nationality, location, and interests
· connection interests (for example if you specify that you are seeking friends, jobs, relationships, modeling gigs, or acting roles)
· popularity metrics such as how often someone has photos “liked” or how many messages received
· any additional information you have consented for us to share. For example, when you let us access your device phonebook, we may share information about you with other users who have your phone number in their device phonebook;
Do Not Track Disclosure
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information we collect and that is why we provide the opt-out links above. However, we do not recognize or respond to any DNT signals, as the Internet industry works toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT.
Third Party Websites
These third- party websites may independently solicit and collect information, including personal information, from you and, in some instances, provide us with information about your activities on those websites. We recommend that you consult the privacy statements of all third-party websites you visit by clicking on the “privacy” link typically located at the bottom of the webpage you are visiting.
How you can access your information
Your choices about collection and use of your information
· You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Service because such information may be required in order for you to register as user; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions.
· Our Service may also deliver notifications to your phone or mobile device. You can disable these notifications by going into “App Settings” on the app or by changing the settings on your mobile device.
· You can also control information collected by cookies. You can delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. Click “help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.
How we protect your personal information
We take security measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, chats, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission's website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Information you provide about yourself while using our Service
Although our Service is a general audience Service, we restrict the use of our service to individuals age 13 and above. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under the age of 13.
Visiting our Service from outside the United States
No Rights of Third Parties
The English language version of this Agreement shall be the prevailing version in the event of any discrepancy between any translated versions of this Agreement.